We are not a "Prevention Program" but we are a movement of community members representing this community who are making our voice heard on selecting the best strategies to address the local problems related to alcohol and other drug use.
Every member of Impact Spartanburt brings an invaluable skill to the table. Together, we are able to accomplish far more than what we could do as individuals.
Impact Spartanburg members are experts at:
- Building partnerships
- Assessing community needs
- Developing a plan of action
- Respecting cultural and diverse points of view
- Building community leaders equipped to address alcohol, tobacco and other drug problems
- Advocating for change in this community
- Advocating for youth
- Influencing policy
- Writing grants to fund initiatives set forth in our goals
- Sustaining our efforts to IMPACT long term community change.
We accomplish this through seven strategies:
- Providing information to the community about research on how substances affect the brain, hosting presentations on the latests drug tends & fads, and educating families
- Enhancing the skills of community members through workshops and trainings
- Providing support to help our youth remain substance free through linking them with mentors and substance-free activities
- Reducing barriers such as transportation or childcare that prevent community members from seeking community resources
- Recognizing and celebrating achievements in the community
- Encouraging positive changes to the physical environment that promote safety and wellness
- Enhancing policies in partnership with businesses, schools, and municipalities to encourage behaviors that support remaining substance free
We would love you to join our efforts! Our meetings are always open to the public. Please contact us if you would like the date, time, and location of our next meeting.